Friday, May 20, 2011

Art Event: Visit to the MOCA (Museum of contemporary art, Los Angeles)

My visit to the Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary art, on Saturday, March 19th, was filled with surprises. Upon my arrival, navigating through the streets of downtown Los Angeles was rather difficult, but as soon as I arrived to the museum, the attendant at the front was real helpful in helping me map through the museum and even gave me a discount. After I had entered, I realized that Andy Warhol, a famous artist that I had studied, was having his work showcased to the public. It was a unique experience and that I never had the opportunity to look at one of my favorite artist's work face to face because usually I would have to look at his or her work through the Internet. I had to look around forever for Warhol's stuff and once I finally did, I only had a limited time to look at his work because they were going to put his stuff back in the vaults. So I spent the last hour looking at all of his famous works and was really impressed he was able to impact his generation and many more generations after that by the showcasing of his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment