Friday, May 20, 2011

Art Event: Visit to the La Jolla Museum of Contemporary Art

The visit to the La Jolla Museum of contemporary art in La jolla was very exciting. Despite the long line to get in, and the difficulty of finding a place to park, it was a very scenic route to take. I enjoyed the scenery, and overall ambiance of La Jolla by checking out some of the shops surrounding the museum itself. Once I entered the museum, it was like an experience unlike any other. I had to check in with the attendant upfront and after that, I immediately took a tour of the place. The exhibitions that day focused on installation work and it was very interesting to me since it was on work that I was not previously used to. I was able to view an art work that occupied the entire space and incorporated the interaction between a viewer and the work as part of the artistic experience all together. It was an art experience I would never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment