Thursday, May 19, 2011

Art Event: My visit to the Getty Villa

For this visit on Saturday, April 2nd, I went to Los Angeles to visit the Getty Villa in Santa Monica instead. It was such a great experience, I was able to view art that I have never even imagined I would be seeing. It is located in Malibu and serves as an educational center that is committed to educating the public about the arts in the cultures of ancient Greece, Rome and Eturia. This place is free to the public with a 15 dollar parking fee for a car, but it you can always try to find free parking and walk. It is such an incredible place to visit and experience art, not only from the pieces left on the walls, but by the entire experience of the architecture itself. If you plan to visit this architectural site, plan to print out tickets prior.

No comments:

Post a Comment